Sunday, January 11, 2009

New Year, New Word!

Well it's a new year, 2009! And that means a new word!

As many of you remember, last year's word for me was "Release". Release was good to me in many ways. It helped me to remember to release feelings of anxiety during high stress. To remember that I cannot control others or their actions. To feel free to release the clutter and extra "stuff" I have/had been hanging onto for years. To shed extra pounds that had been creeping on! To practice deep breathing. Many, many things. Yes, release was a very good word for 2008.
As for 2009, well this year is a BIG year for me birthday-wise. That's all I'm going to say about that! Soooooooooo, I think I need a good, solid word. A word I can count on. A word that will stand the test of time. A word to see me through the rough days and the fun times! A word that will remind me that age is only a state of mind. A word that will help me to retain the focus I gained from releasing so much "junk" in 2008 yet, continue to grow as a person. So, my word for 2009?

BALANCE.
I made a sign for my bathroom mirror and one for my ArtRoom window. It says:

BALANCE

Keep balance in your life Balance - Good Chi
Eat balanced meals Balance your weight (by working out often)
Balance your emotions Incorporate checks and balances
Balance: posture Balance, deep breathing, maintain focus
Balance your time Balance your time, don't spread yourself thin
Balance your checkbook Monetary balance = mental balance
Balance your relationships Remain emotionally blananced vs. bankrupt

So, think about it, what will YOUR word be for this year?

Let's make it a memorable one!
Stay tuned for more on MY 365 project tomorrow!

1 comment:

Crazy Mom of 2! said...

Balance is a good word... and some good work... I NEED BALANCE!