I LOVE that we have a holiday that is entirely dedicated to being THANKFUL! I don't know about you, but I often think about the things I'm thankful for. This year, we instituted a journal that sits on the kitchen table, it says "Happiness Must be Grown in One's Own Garden" We all are using it to write down the things that we are thankful for. I am LOVING this! Seth drew a couple of pictures and wrote that he is thankful for "mi buter" - LOL! I so enjoy how he spells things just like they sound to him! Jonah wrote that he is thankful for "my brother Seth" - awww! That just makes a mother's heart melt! And Lar wrote about an experience recently and said that he is thankful for a Father that he can spend time with. Isn't that the BEST?
Anyway, I just wanted to share a few things that I'm thankful for this year - I'd love to hear what you're thankful for as well - please leave a comment and share :)
I am thankful for:
- my parents, and my parents-in-law -both who care!
- the opportunity to stay at home and raise my boys
- for a strong husband (and that he's a complete dork like me!)
- for heat!
- for snuggly blankets (and boys to snuggle!)
- coffee! (can I get an "Amen!"?)
- the freedom of religion and being able to publicly praise God!
- our new church home
- deciding to homeschool
- random hugs and kisses
- a tight-knit family
- art supplies
- a cozy home
- my extended family members - we are all close!
- the computer
- the opportunity to spend more time with Larry right now
- a family who appreciates me
- the calm that comes with knowing I am not in charge
- my camera!